Thursday, June 12, 2008

Alternative English Muffin


So I was excited to find a new product from Western Bagel Company since I LOVE their alternative bagels. I picked these Alternative English Muffins up by the cheese and butter. So here's the review on the healthy option for an English muffin. I am not a huge English Muffin fan to begin with but I thought they were pretty good. I found them to taste very similar to a standard variety. However, I would say they were slightly dry. I did toast one and put a dab a sugar free jelly and it was very good. I will give them a B+, now that being from a girl who doesn't love English Muffins in the first place. So if you do enjoy a toasted crumbly bread, these are a great option. They certainly hold their own against any competition in my view. This product has about 50 less calories and 4 more grams of fiber than the standard English Muffin. So here is the bestest news of all - the nutritional info:
For an entire muffin
100 calories, 5 grams fat, 5 grams fiber

No comments: