Friday, June 13, 2008

MMM...Rumbi's Island Grill

So this is one of my most favorite restaurants. I LOVE their Aloha Mango Chicken Salad, minus the gorgonzola cheese. Ooo, it makes me want to shout just thinking of it. If you haven't been there it is super yummy, fresh and fast. They are most famous for their rice bowls and my husband loves their Hawaiian Teriyaki Bowl. I was a little shocked again by how many calories they have in their items especially their salads, but you can balance out your calories by eating fewer throughout the day, Totally Worth It for this salad!
Aloha Mango Chicken Salad
660 calories, 35 grams fat
(no dressing, you really don't need it, it has great flavor without)
430 calories, 10 grams fat
DUDE - what do they put in their dressing right?
So I usually can't eat the entire thing (they are huge) and it includes the flat bread which I usually just have one triangle versus 4. This is so yummy though.
Can I sell this enough?

Another Great & Popular Salad is The Voodoo Chicken Salad
650 calories, 42 grams fat
(no dressing)
440 calories, 15 grams fat

Half Rice Bowls
Teriyaki Chicken with Brown Rice
500 calories, 6 grams fat

Bali Island Chicken with Brown Rice
520 calories, 6 grams fat

This place is so delicious and fresh. Like an eating out experience enjoy, eat slowly and watch your portions. And HELLO, salads are not always the only thing to get while dining out. Hooray!

Looking Good
From now on I am going to just focus on one store per week and find cute stuff and great deals. This weeks : Shade Clothing.
My friend was telling my she got a swim suit last year from Shade and she loved it. I have ordered many a shirt from this place but hadn't considered swimmers. They specialize in layering tees and modest clothing. Since I HATE swim suits, I really wanted to see what this was about. So I ordered this one:
Balboa Swim in Black








And I LOVE it! It fits really well and it is comfy. Can't beat that.
I also ordered one of their new Boyfriend Tees. I really like it. It is not at all like the layering tees I have so if you have the cap sleeve tees, this one is a lot bigger and more just like a plain tee shirt. It is cute though and they have lots of fun spring colors.









This is the cap sleeve (I have white) that I wear every day under shirts for a layering look and just to smooth everything out.








And this cute Savannah Dress - Every girl needs a little black dress!












This store has tons of really cute good quality stuff so check it out and have a fun hopefully warm weekend!

1 comment:

Aaron and Kaime said...

I am one of your blog stalkers. Are you done blogging? I loved the tips!