Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday - Product Review

Product: Western Alternative Bagel

Western Bagel Company in California has created bagels that will knock your socks off. Honestly, I expected the bagels to be dry or cardboard-ish, but these are awesome. And even better news is the nutritional information on these babies:
1 bagel = 110 calories, 8 grams fiber, fat free, and sugar free
compared to a standard bagel:
1 bagel = 290 calories, 2 grams fiber, 2 grams fat
What?!?
You can get these bagels at any Wal-Mart stores or check out their website here for a store near you. They are usually found in the refrigerator section by the cheese and butter.

Pizza Recipe with this product...that me and my family Love!

Bagels, Roasted Onion or Sweet Wheat
Spaghetti Sauce
grated low fat mozzarella cheese
toppings: pepperoni, veggies, or whatever you like.

Separate bagels into halves and put on a baking sheet. Spread desired amount of spaghetti sauce on top bagels. Sprinkle with grated cheese and add whatever toppings you would like. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes and broil for 1 minute until all the cheese is melted. So simple and yummy!

2 comments:

meg said...

Ash!!
first of all...what a fun site!- you go girl! thanks for the tips! As a result, you can expect a younger, healthier megan next time you see me :)

and second, i love these bagels, I found them at walmart about a year ago- what a surprising delight!!

Rachael said...

The bagels are an awesome treat I always want one but never get one because they aren't great but now I can enjoy. Also I always dash a little equal on my cereal so the fiber one is great and Jack will eat a bowl on his own...weird!