Friday, May 9, 2008

Eating Out and Looking Good

The Restaurant of the week and Mother's Day weekend will be PF Changs China Bistro. I am not a huge fan of Chinese food, but I know it is a favorite of many. PF Changs is a very popular joint known for exceptional dining environment, fresh ingredients, and especially the lettuce wraps. I love the feel of this place; it has a modern feel but very relaxing. So how bad can it be right..well, here's a small look into some nutritional catastrophe's and some healthy options as well.

The Famous Vegetarian Lettuce Wrap, 1 wrap
281 calories, 3 grams of fat, 2 grams fiber
Sorta high for a vegetarian appetizer, but eating one is great. Totally worth it!

Chang's Spicy Chicken
990 Calories, 51 grams fat, 3 grams fiber

Orange Chicken
1151 calories, 61 grams fat, 14 grams fiber

Beef with Steamed Broccolli
910 calories, 59 grams fat, 7 grams fiber

Double Pan Fried Noodles with Chicken
1140 calories, 53 grams fat, 5 grams fiber

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but to let you know, most of the menu items at PF Changs were at least this high in fat and calories. Yikes, I know!! If you order some of these high calorie items I would just recommend portion control as a must.

Now for some semi-healthy options:

Steamed Buddha's Plate with brown rice
367 calories, 4 grams fat, 10 grams fiber

Chicken with Black Bean Sauce and Rice
667 calories, 14 grams fat, 12 grams fiber

Oolong Marinated Sea Bass, Yeah - I will pass on this, but you never know who likes some good sea bass
481 calories, 4 grams fat, 1 gram fiber

So through my "intensive" research you can see that the majority of the menu items are not great for the waistline. Definitely keep portion control in mind while dining here.

Looking Good - Who wears LONG Shorts?
I love that these long shorts are in style. So great for Mom's - here are some of my fav's!
AE Bermuda's Forever 21 Aimee Shorts
$44.50 $24.50









Dressy Bermuda Shorts
Both from Old Navy $26.50










Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful loving Mama's! My Mother-in-law sent me this poem and I thought it was cute. Enjoy yourselves and let your family spoil you - you deserve it!

No comments: