Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Recipe Wednesday

Fire Up the BBQ..it's Spring! These are some fast, delicious and healthy grilling recipes that me and my family love.

Herbed Pork Chops
6 boneless pork chops
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. tarragon
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 T honey
Sprinkle all the spices over the chops. Allow 5 minutes for the meat to absorb the flavor. Coat grill with nonstick cooking spray. Grill each side of the pork chops on each side for 4-5 minutes. Spread each chop with honey and grill for an addition 2 minutes.
Nutritional Info: 3 oz of pork = 182 calories and 8 grams fat

Yogurt Marinated Chicken
1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 T lemon juice
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. chili powder
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all the ingredients. Allow to marinate at least one hour or overnight.
Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. 6 servings.
Nutritional Info: 1 chicken breast half = 149 calories, 4 grams fat

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Yummy! I love new recipes, especially healthy ones! I am excited to try the chicken recipe looks great! I am SHOCKED at the Chiles info! I just can't stop thinking about how many times I have had the chips and salsa or buffalo wings AND then a meal...YIKES!

On a side note I saw Kaesy yesterday and she looks way cute. Breanne and I were thinking about going to see here once the baby is born (she is due the beginning of June). Do you want t come too? Let me know!