Sunday, May 4, 2008

Monday - Family Health


Healthy Breakfasts My Family Actually Eats
As the saying goes "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"and it is our topic for today. I often find it a little challenging to get my family fed, especially in the short amount of time available in the morning. And I only have two kids and I only have to do one girls hair; I can't imagine mother's with 6 girls, BLESS YOU! Here are some fast, healthy and yummy real breakfasts that my kids and husband enjoy, and it doesn't include scrambled tofu:
  • Frosted Mini Wheats, Original or Strawberry
  • Whole Wheat Waffles or Pancakes using Krusteaz Wheat & Honey mix, strawberries and Cool Whip Free
  • PB&J Toast - some might find this weird but it is delish. Just make a healthy PB&J with toasted whole wheat bread, we love Granny Delight Wheat & Fiber Bread or Sara Lee delightful with Low Sugar Preserves
  • French Toast using the same healthy bread, make FT coating with egg whites and fat free milk. Top with Sugar Free or Low Sugar Syrup
  • Banana Bread (healthy), made the night before. See Here for recipe
  • Fiber One Muffins (mix), also made the night before
  • Maple & Brown Sugar Weight Control Oatmeal, or any brand will do
  • Sweet Potato Pancakes, from Deceptively Delicious Cookbook. Recipe Here
  • Nutrigrain Eggo Waffles topped with Sugar Free Syrup or Fruit
  • Morning Pizza - using toasted Western Alternative Bagels top with scrambled egg whites and a little cheese and put in the oven until cheese melts
  • Fruit Pebbles, this yummy cereal now has 3 filling grams of fiber
  • Cinnamon Toast, toast lightly sprinkled with cinnamon sugar
  • Western Alternative Bagels with light cream cheese and jelly
  • Kashi GoLean Cereal or Fiber One, well I eat this
  • Whole Wheat Light English Muffins
Any other breakfast ideas?? Send them to me!
Oh, this bread that I speak of is Granny Delight Wheat & Fiber Bread available in any grocery store. 80 calories per slice and a whopping 6 grams of fiber - super filling. Also, for a smaller/thinner bread with even less calories is Sara Lee Delightful Bread, very good toasted!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hey girl...love the ideas! I always struggle with breakfast because I don't really like eating it myself, I need to get better.

One thing that I LOVE is French Toast with one banana pureed mixed in with the eggs. Taste like banana bread so yummy!