Thursday, May 15, 2008

Healthy Product Review

In a crowded market of "healthy" food Curves has joined in to now offer a line of food products available in most grocery stores. Today I am reviewing their new line of granola bars, but I should add that I tried the cereal and it wasn't too bad.

Curves partnered with General Mills to create these 100 calorie granola bars with 5 filling and appetite suppressing grams of fiber. I tried both the Strawberry & Cream and the Chocolate and Peanut Butter bars. You know, I did like them. I really can't say I was jumping up and down after eating them, but they were good. And if you are a granola bar enthusiasts they are a very healthy option. A popular granola bar, Quaker Chewys, are 90-100 calories with 1 gram of fiber. One negative thing I will say is that I did find that the chocolate in one of the bars was a bit chalky, but what can you expect.

So to conclude, the bars were good. A much healthier option than a candy bar, potato chips, or soda. But for me Curves didn't bring or add anything much more valuable to nutritional market available.

No comments: